Vulkan/D3D12 Memory Allocator Dump Visualization. It is an auxiliary tool that can visualize internal state of Vulkan Memory Allocator and D3D12 Memory Allocator libraries on a picture. It is a Python script that must be launched from command line with appropriate parameters.
- Python 3 installed
- Pillow - Python Imaging Library (Fork) installed
python GpuMemDumpVis.py -o OUTPUT_FILE INPUT_FILE
INPUT_FILE - path to source file to be read, containing dump of internal state of the VMA/D3D12MA library in JSON format (encoding: UTF-8/UTF-16), generated using
OUTPUT_FILE - path to destination file to be written that will contain generated image. Image format is automatically recognized based on file extension. List of supported formats can be found here and includes: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TGA.
You can also use typical options:
-h - to see help on command line syntax
-v - to see program version number
- Light gray without border - a space in Vulkan device memory block unused by any allocation.
- Buffer with usage containing INDIRECT_BUFFER, VERTEX_BUFFER, or INDEX_BUFFER.
- Buffer with usage containing STORAGE_BUFFER or STORAGE_TEXEL_BUFFER.
- Buffer with usage containing UNIFORM_BUFFER or UNIFORM_TEXEL_BUFFER.
- Other buffer.
- Image with OPTIMAL tiling and usage containing DEPTH_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT or 1D/2D/3D texture with usage containing D3D12_RESOURCE_FLAG_ALLOW_DEPTH_STENCIL.
- Image with OPTIMAL tiling and usage containing INPUT_ATTACHMENT, TRANSIENT_ATTACHMENT or COLOR_ATTACHMENT, or 1D/2D/3D texture with usage containing D3D12_RESOURCE_FLAG_ALLOW_RENDER_TARGET or D3D12_RESOURCE_FLAG_ALLOW_UNORDERED_ACCESS.
- Image with OPTIMAL tiling and usage containing SAMPLED or 1D/2D/3D texture with usage not containing D3D12_RESOURCE_FLAG_DENY_SHARED_RESOURCE.
- Other image with OPTIMAL tiling or 1D/2D/3D texture.
- Image with LINEAR tiling.
- Image with tiling unknown to the allocator.
- Allocation of unknown type.
- Black bar - one or more allocations of any kind too small to be visualized as filled rectangles.